Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 24, 2009: Joe Sun - "Old Flames (Can't Hold a Candle to You)"


25 Albums That Shaped My Life
#1


Joe Sun
Old Flames (Can't Hold a Candle to You)
Ovation Records, 1978



When I last posted, about two
weeks ago, I promised that this new feature would be beginning shortly. A very busy schedule pushed it back a little further than anticipated, but here we are. The goal here is to showcase songs from the 25 albums that have had the biggest impact on my life. I'm going for total honesty, and baring all my musical skeletons. We begin at ground zero...

I was about two years old when I first discovered the stereo in the basement and my parents' collection of 8-Track tapes. By age three, I was obsessed with them. My mom will tell stories to anyone who will listen of how I would fall asleep while organizing and memorizing them (see the picture to prove it). My favorite was the 1978 debut from Rochester, Minnesota-born country singer Joe Sun, which I played so often that it drove my parents to hide the tape from me.





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Sun

No comments: