Thursday, December 11, 2008

December 11, 2008: Little Willie John - "I'm Shakin'"

Five feet and four inches of pure badass, Little Willie John was, for my money, the most under-appreciated of the rock 'n' roll pioneers. Despite his... uh... shortcomings (alcoholic, stabbed a man to death, died in prison at age 29, etc.), it's a shame his immense talent failed to garner more attention back in the day, and it's a tragedy that he has been almost entirely ignored by the last couple generations of music fans.

I knew when I woke up this morning that today's Song of the Day would be a Little Willie John song. I couldn't decide which one, though. I went to a doctor's appointment, came back, and still couldn't choose. Finally, I took my puppy for an hour-long walk down Minnehaha Creek. I walked in the door and said, "I'm shakin'!"



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Willie_John

No comments: