Saturday, December 6, 2008

December 6, 2008: Lucero - "Sweet Little Thing"

Sorry today's song is out so late in the day. It seems I've set a precedent for getting the song out by morning (usually around 2 or 3 AM!), but I do reserve the right to get it out at any point during the day.

One of the reasons today's is so late is that I was out quite late last night, at the Triple Rock for Lucero and The Evening Rig. Lucero did their usual "play until they have to start kicking people out" set. And, as usual, their drunk asses would slop their way through about 3 or 4 songs, then suddenly ABSOLUTELY NAIL a song out of the blue.

Thankfully last night, one such song was "Sweet Little Thing." This song hold special meaning to me. Not only because it's one of the best songs Ben Nichols has written, but because it was a pivotal song on the very first mix I made for my wife. Thus, every time I hear it, I am reminded of falling in love with her. And it is the greatest feeling in the world.

Lucero and The Evening Rig are playing again tonight at the Triple Rock. I'll be there again. You should come out, too.



http://www.luceromusic.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it! Britt and I really wish we could be in Minneapolis for these shows. Have a whiskey for me :-)