Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December 2, 2008: Mike Gunther & His Restless Souls - "Walk All Over It"

This one really should have been yesterday's song of the day, for yesterday was the 10 year anniversary of my moving into my first apartment. It was a two-bedroom double-bungalow on 22nd and Grand in south Minneapolis and my roommate was one of my oldest and best friends, Mr. Mike Gunther.

Although I had spent a couple of years in a band with Mike and was well aware of his skills as a guitar player and singer, I was not overly familiar with his genius as a songwriter. It was in that apartment, starting 10 years ago, where I was able to hear him playing guitar and piano from the next room over. I was ecstatic when he began performing live, and jumped at the chance to release his albums on my label.

I am so proud of the two albums that Mike and his Restless Souls have produced. I still view Burn It Down For the Nails, in particular, as the crown jewel of the Heart of a Champion catalog.

In the wonderful video (directed by Restless Souls member Suzanne Vallie Scholten), you'll see cameos from many readers of this blog. It is with tremendous pride that I give you "Walk All Over It" by Mike Gunther and His Restless Souls... the greatest song of the day!



www.mikegunther.com
www.heartchamp.com

No comments: