Saturday, December 13, 2008

December 13, 2008: The Fall - "Just Step Sideways"

It happened again the other day. I was listening to The Fall at work and a customer made the comment, "I've never really got into them because I'm too overwhelmed as to where to start."

My answer to this is well rehearsed by now:

"They're certainly not for everybody, but if you want to take the plunge, a great starting point is the 50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong double CD that Beggard Banquet put out a couple years ago. It's the best retrospective compilation (of many) of The Fall's 30+ year history and is very affordable (about $14 for a two CD set at Treehouse). If you're looking to pick up an individual album, however, my favorite is Hex Enduction Hour."

Guess which album contains "Just Step Sideways."



http://www.visi.com/fall/

No comments: